Friday, September 23, 2016

Review: King of the Friend Zone by Sheralyn Pratt

From the Power of the Matchmaker series:

Esme Taylor has an amazing fiancé, a lifelong best friend, and a problem. 

The problem stems from the fact that her best friend is named Hunter and, well. . .he’s kind of (totally) hot. It’s hate at first sight when her fiancé, Jon, and Hunter meet. Jon’s convinced that Hunter is in love with Esme, and that Hunter must be out of the picture if their upcoming marriage is to succeed.

Esme thinks Jon is paranoid.

The truth is, Jon’s not that far off. Hunter is in love with his best friend and always has been. What Jon has wrong, however, is that Hunter never had any plans of ruining Esme’s happily ever after. Hunter wants what’s best for Esme, even if that’s not him.

When Jon pushes hard to end Esme and Hunter’s friendship, opposition comes from the most unlikely of places. It’s an eccentric lady with a cookie cart who suggests a different solution to Esme’s problem: Hunter and Esme should give each other a chance.

They’ve both thought of the possibility over the years—of course they have. But with a ring already on Esme’s finger and a heap of hurt feelings and broken trust in the mix, there hasn’t been a worse time to explore the depths of their feelings for each other.

Both Esme and Hunter think it’s time to move on and leave childhood crushes in the past. The question is: Can one woman and the taste of one cookie change their minds?



My Thoughts:
I loved Ms. Pearl's role in this book the best so far.  She was a "hoot"!  I liked Esme & Hunter.  I thought Esme was a little bland at times but I think that's how she was meant to come across.  I got so frustrated with both of them when they were being so stubborn.  Oh how I despised Jon.  I thought he was a control freak.  I really liked how Hunter handled him.  This book had some great banter & funny moments.  I really wanted to find out more about Luke  his story.  I hope that comes along soon.  I recommend this book along with all the books in the series.  They are each so unique.

Recommended for readers 16 & up.  Mild to moderate adult situations & sexual content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva