Thursday, April 14, 2016

Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - Audio version

Image & description from goodreads.com

In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien. 

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.

My Thoughts:
I bought this book on audible to listen to on my commute to work & home.  The narrator, Elizabeth Evans, did a great job voicing the characters.  She captured Celaena's haughty attitude perfectly.

I can't believe I waited so long to start this series.  I love it!  It's unique & exciting.  Celaena is a wonderfully complex character.  I didn't just get attached to Celaena.  I fell in love with Chaol, Dorian & Nehemia too.  They all have such an intricate part in the story.  I like that Celaena isn't perfect.  She's sometimes selfish and stubborn.  She doesn't apologize for her faults.  She accepts them as part of who she is and does the best she can in all circumstances.  The world the story is based in is beautifully constructed.  I can't wait to see what happens next to the "King's Champion".  

Recommended for 14 & up.  Moderate violence & mild language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva