Monday, March 5, 2012

Review for Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky

Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.
Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.
A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.


Review 5 out of 5

Finally!  I've been waiting weeks for a book I can rave about.  The world Veronica Rossi has created was so easy to get wrapped up in.  I could visualize all the different realms and worlds the people of Reverie were so dependent on.  I wasn't too sure about the switching POV, but it worked perfectly in this book.  I liked Aria from the beginning.  She was brave and even though she didn't realize it, she was a survivor.  She evolved beyond anything she or I thought possible.  I didn't really like Perry at first.  He seemed so cold and unfeeling.  That is, until I got to glimpse his life and his world.  He never let his ambitions over shadow his love for his family and the needs of the one he cared about.  

What I REALLY loved about this book is the not so instant love connection between Aria & Perry.  They didn't even like each other until the middle of the book.  That was so refreshing!  Watching their relationship evolve and the two of them grow out of their prejudices kept me glued to my Kindle.  While there isn't a dramatic cliff hanger, the twist at the end was fantastic!  It was one that never occurred to me.   Rossi has made sure to give us enough to hang on to until the next book, but I still can't wait!  

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book before, and it seems pretty good. I might have to give it a try, it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Becky said, I'd never heard of this book (but then there are so many!) but your review has convinced me to keep an eye out for it. Thank you. As you can see, I hve followed you on Linky. I like that you are not afraid to give a book a mediocre review too... after all, not all books are perfect and we rely so much on you reviewers for our buying decisions.
    Thanks
    Gwynneth
    http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won this book in a giveaway. I haven't read it yet but I'm moving it up the TBR pile. I love that their relationship isn't an insta-love connection. They are staring to annoy me just like unrealistic love triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you know . . . I read this book and LOVED it. Without doubt one of the best reads of 2012. All thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Just a quick report back . . . I read this book because of your review, and I LOVED it. One of the best reads of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, thanks Qwynneth! I'm so glad you loved it as much as I did. Thanks for reading my review and a million thanks for letting me know it helped you. You have made my week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved this book. yes i do .yes i do

    i agree 100 % with you. i loved the gradual romance between aria and perry

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva